In accordance with the enacted Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2010 and in our continuing efforts to ensure that your personal data is protected, we hereby disclose in this statement how your personal data will be managed by Quest MasteryAsia Group.
For the purposes of this Notice, Quest MasteryAsia Group herein shall refer to companies under the Quest Group of Companies, includes but not limited to
MasteryAsia (M) Sdn Bhd, Quest Learning Sdn Bhd and other companies or subsidiaries under the Quest Group.
Quest Group reserves the right to amend this Notice from time to time. As our valued customers/clients, we advise that you check this Notice on a regular basis for updates and changes.
Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you.
By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
1. What This Privacy Statement Explains
This Privacy Statement explains:
What kind of personal information we collect
How we collect your personal information
How we use your personal information
When we disclose your personal information
When we transfer your personal information abroad
Your right to access and correct your personal information
2. Our Commitment To You
We value your trust and are committed to protect your personal information. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your Personal Information to us when using any of our Quest Group websites, Products and/or Services, we provide you with this Privacy Statement outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how your Personal Information is being collected and used by us.
3. Defining Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you.
For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Statement is applicable only if you are a natural person / an individual.
4. What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect
In order for us to provide you with our Products and/or Services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner by providing you with the best service possible, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:-
- contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race, job title, education background, preferred language, current private and/or business address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address.
- Your credit card information and bank account details.
- Your status or progress of using our Products / Services that you have acquired from us or subscribed to.
- Your personal interests and preferences to help us tailor offerings of our Products and/or Services which would suit you best.
- Clickstream data when you visit any of our websites (for example the pages you access and the Services and/or Products you browsed)
- Recording of your image and video via video cameras or cellphones when you attend our events for purpose of marketing, promotional, testimonials and for our service enhancement and improvement purpose.
5. When And How We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:-
- communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to become our customer, or when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our customer service)
- Register or subscribe for a specific Product and/or Service or our publications (for example, newsletters, online digital material download).
- Participate in any of our surveys (for example, questionnaire)
- Enter into or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes run/organised by us.
- Register interest and/or request for information of (through our websites, online portals, social media platforms or other available channels).
- Respond to any promotions and marketing materials that we send out.
- Commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a business partner or third party agents).
- Visit any of our offices.
- Visit or browse our websites.
- Lodge a complaint with us.
- Provide feedback to us (for example via our websites, email or in hard copy).
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (our joint-venture or appointed business partners), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may collect and use personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement, for one or more of the following purposes:-
- To verify your identity.
- To assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services.
- To provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested.
- To administer and manage the Products and/or Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting information updates on status and progress).
- To keep in contact with you and provide you with any information that you might need to.
- To engage in business transactions in respect of Products and/or Services to be offered and provided to you.
- To establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you.
- To process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks).
- To help us monitor and improve the delivery performance and make it more efficient.
- To manage staff training and quality assurance.
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services.
- To determine how can we improve services to you.
- To produce data, reports and statistics for internal usage.
- To investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving the Quest MasteryAsia Group.
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research).
- To maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Government agencies
- Companies and/or organisations that is our business partner or act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers.
- Companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for.
- Our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information.
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent.
Subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Quest MasteryAsia Group.
8. Direct Marketing
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you.
In certain instances, we may disclose your personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our merchants and strategic partners where you have subscribed for particular Services or Products which require such disclosure, and/or where your consent has been obtained, subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Quest MasteryAsia Group.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the contact details provided below. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
9. What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services.
Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Products and/or Services.
10. Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information.
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by contacting the contact details provided below. You should quote the required information such as your name, email address, phone number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information upon receiving your request.
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
11. Your Obligations
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting the contact details provided below.
This obligation is a condition to the provision of our Products and/or Services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you to use the Products and/or Services.
In the event you may need to provide us with personal information relating to third parties (for example about your spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organisation or company) for dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service and/or product that they will use), you confirm that you have
(i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us and for us to use accordingly, and
(ii) informed them to read this Privacy Statement at our website at www.masteryasia.com/pdpa
12. Online Dealings With Quest MasteryAsia Group
We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs.
Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies.
If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Links to Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Statement applies solely to Quest Group’s Websites and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our websites.
To determine how they deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
13. Transfer Of Your Personal Information Outside Malaysia
It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside Malaysia if any of our service providers or strategic partners (â€œoverseas entities who are involved in providing part of Quest MasteryAsia Group Products and/or Services are located in countries outside Malaysia.
You consent to us transferring your personal information outside Malaysia in these instances.
We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the Products and/or Services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
14. Updates To Our Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supercede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
15. Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Statement , kindly contact us at the Quest MasteryAsia Group IT division during office hours (between 9:00am to 6:30pm, Mondays to Fridays) at the following contact points:
Quest MasteryAsia Group
Telephone: +603 8933 6218
Address: Wisma Quest, No. 36-4, Jalan Metro Pudu, Fraser Business Park Off Jalan Yew, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia